Friday, August 21, 2009

7:30 woohoo I slept in an hour today, I guess it was that late nite thunderstorm that woke me up. It was loud, with a very bright light show. I don't know what time it came through, I was too tired to open my eyes to see. It's nights light that, that make me really wish I could just scoot over and hold my Seabee, fall back to sleep and forget all about the storm.
I was invited to a Seabee spouses day out tommorrow, part of me wants to go and part of me feels like staying as far away as I can. When I commited myself to being the FRG president, I thought "this will help me stay busy" while he is gone, well its kept me more than busy and now I have middle school and preteen activities, well I guess its time to put on my big girl panties (pretty lacey ones) and do what needs to be done, all in the name of love for my Seabee.

2:00 Well I did it, I signed G up for Volleyball, Practices on Friday night's starting the 2nd week in Sept. That gives me time to get ready for being a part of G's world. I am guessing I'll just be a squirrel in her world trying to get a nut.
The season is only 8 weeks long I think it will be good for her, and probably me too.

11:30 I finsihed G's school clothes shopping, the only thing she will need is athletic shoes for p.e. and volleyball, I will wait to find out if she has p.e. this semister before I buy them, if she doesnt then she wont need them until the 2nd week in Sept for volleyball. I only wish our Seabee was here to be a part of a new milestone for our now middle schooler.
Although this may sound insensitive.. it's not that I dont want to see my Seabee.. I do more than anything, but its bitter sweet and I assume he be gone already.
I feel like the sooner he leaves the sooner he gets back, and anything that is going to go wrong will just happen so It can be over too.
I do feel confident that I will be able to take care of whatever comes my way, I just want it to be done. I am not numb to my emotions, but I dont think I can cry anymore, I am not saying that I wont, I probably will, not because I'll be feeling sorry for myself, but because my heart will be missing him. I know he will be proud of me and he will be able to concentrate on his very important job of keeping himself and his fellow troops safe knowing that I am not sitting at home crying because I dont think I can handle things at home without him. I have learned a lot from him, and I will continue to learn from him for the rest of my life. I know that he and the other troops have a bigger responsibility than any of us back home have, although because of our human nature we dont take the time to think of it like that, but its reality.
My heart is so full of pride! He is my HERO.... My ANGEL!

No comments:

Post a Comment